July 18, 2016 · 11:00 am
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Norma Shearer, Madeline Hurlock, Greta Nissen, Dorothy Gish.
July 11, 2016 · 11:00 am
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Betty Bronson, Florence Vidor, Bessie Love, May Allison.
- Betty Bronson was a dancer who nabbed the coveted film role of Peter Pan.
- April cover girl May Allison would marry Photoplay editor/publisher James T. Quirk in 1926. She’d graced the November 1923 cover.
July 4, 2016 · 11:00 am
- Cover subjects: mega-star Jackie Coogan (November) and prolific actress Lois Wilson (December).Both Coogan and Wilson had lengthy careers that lasted well past the silent film era.
- Coogan of course acted into the 1960s as Uncle Fester in The Addams Family. Not to mention he was the impetus for Coogan’s Law, legislation regarding children working in the movies.
- In addition to acting in both silent and sound films Wilson wrote and produced. She also appeared on Broadway and worked in television.