- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Barbara LaMarr, Corinne Griffith, Pola Negri, Sylvia Breamer.
- These cover portraits seem languid…somber…serious, don’t they–no sunny colors or smiling visages here.
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Doris Kenyon, Mabel Normand, Lila Lee, Marguerite Clayton, Edith Story, Sylvia Breamer.
- 1918’s trendiest headwear is on display here!
- W. Haskell Coffin did the July (Kenyon), August (Norman) and October (Clayton) covers.
- The August issue extols slapstick queen Mabel Normand for reading Strindberg, Ibsen, and Shaw. You can read the article courtesy of the excellent Looking for Mabel Normand site, here’s the link: