- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Barbara LaMarr, Corinne Griffith, Pola Negri, Sylvia Breamer.
- These cover portraits seem languid…somber…serious, don’t they–no sunny colors or smiling visages here.
Category Archives: Sylvia Breamer
Photoplay Jan.-Apr. 1924
Filed under 1920s, Barbara LaMarr, Corinne Griffith, Photoplay, Pola Negri, Sylvia Breamer
Photoplay July-Dec. 1918
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Doris Kenyon, Mabel Normand, Lila Lee, Marguerite Clayton, Edith Story, Sylvia Breamer.
- 1918’s trendiest headwear is on display here!
- W. Haskell Coffin did the July (Kenyon), August (Norman) and October (Clayton) covers.
- The August issue extols slapstick queen Mabel Normand for reading Strindberg, Ibsen, and Shaw. You can read the article courtesy of the excellent Looking for Mabel Normand site, here’s the link: