Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): June Haver, Ingrid Bergman, Linda Darnell, Betty Grable.
Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Jennifer Jones, Olivia de Havilland, Gene Tierney, Joan Caulfield.
Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): June Allyson; a beautiful Shirley Temple; Esther Williams; and an almost unrecognizable Lana Turner.
Cover girls and boy (l.-r., in order of appearance): Greer Garson, Ingrid Bergman, Bing Crosby, Jeanne Crain.
Betty Grable and Tyrone Power.
Cover girls and boy: June Allyson, Cornel Wilde, and Lana Turner.
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of apperance): Jennifer Jones; Jeanne Crain and adorable friend; Ingrid Bergman; Esther Williams.
- As of the June issue (Bergman), the “combined with Movie Mirror” tagline is no longer included.
An eye-catching cover design featuring the exquisite Gene Tierney.
- Do my eyes deceive me–is that a man on the cover? Yes, the February 1946 cover spotlights heartthrob Van Johnson.
- The first few covers in 1946 have some twists. We’ll take a look at them in separate posts.
- Here’s the January 1946 issue, on sale in December and featuring popular child star Margaret O’Brien.