- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Doris Kenyon, Mabel Normand, Lila Lee, Marguerite Clayton, Edith Story, Sylvia Breamer.
- 1918’s trendiest headwear is on display here!
- W. Haskell Coffin did the July (Kenyon), August (Norman) and October (Clayton) covers.
- The August issue extols slapstick queen Mabel Normand for reading Strindberg, Ibsen, and Shaw. You can read the article courtesy of the excellent Looking for Mabel Normand site, here’s the link:
Category Archives: W. Haskell Coffin
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): June Elvidge, Alma Rubens, Virginia Pearson, Elsie Ferguson, Gail Kane, Olive Tell.
- All the covers except for February’s Rubens cover are by the great illustrator W. Haskell Coffin. The Feb. issue’s Table of Contents notes the Rubens Cover Design is “From a Pastel Portrait.”
- Also in the Feb. issue: “From Stenography to Stardom”, about the actress Virginia Valli; and a photo feature about “Alice Joyce and Her New Clothes.”