Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Ann Blyth, Rita Hayworth, Elizabeth Taylor, Doris Day.
Category Archives: Elizabeth Taylor
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Elizabeth Taylor, Betty Grable, Ava Gardner, Doris Day.
- A sultry chapeaued brunette followed by a sunny blonde followed by a sultry chapeaued brunette followed by a sunny blonde…
- Overheard in the MGM commissary – Ava:”Love your hat, Liz. Think I’ll wear one on my cover too.”
- Cover girls and boy (l.-r., in order of appearance): some movie actress named Elizabeth Taylor; Esther Williams; Jane Wyman and Jimmy Stewart; Janet Leigh.
- With the dawn of 1950 Photoplay turned to photographs for the covers. Prior to 1950 photos had been used sparingly on the covers.
- Photoplay’s March issue was the “Gold Medal Awards issue.” According to the wonderful blog Jimmy Stewart On the Air, “the Photoplay Awards Dinner honoring the 1949 Gold Medal Award winners was broadcast by ABC on February 13, 1950.” Read more about it at http://www.jimmystewartontheair.com/photoplay-awards-dinner/