- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Claudette Colbert, Carole Lombard, Marion Davies, Janet Gaynor.
Category Archives: Janet Gaynor
Photoplay May-Aug. 1934
Filed under 1930s, Carole Lombard, Claudette Colbert, Janet Gaynor, Marion Davies, Photoplay
Photoplay Sep.-Dec. 1932
- Cover girls and boy (l.-r., in order of appearance): Gary Cooper and Tallulah Bankhead, Irene Dunne, Joan Crawford, Janet Gaynor.
- Cooper and Bankhead were starring in 1932’s Devil and the Deep. Also appearing in the film were Cary Grant and Charles Laughton–not too shabby!
Filed under 1930s, Gary Cooper, Irene Dunne, Janet Gaynor, Joan Crawford, Tallulah Bankhead
Photoplay Mar.-Apr. 1931 Double Exposure
- Kid sister Joan graced Photoplay’s September cover; here in March it’s Constance Bennett’s turn.
- Charles Farrell and Janet Gaynor maintain the double exposure theme on April’s cover.
- Farrell and Gaynor were the hottest team in movies and appeared together in ten films, including 7th Heaven.
- Farrell left show business in 1934, but returned to it in the 1950s as My Little Margie’s Vern Albright.
Filed under 1930s, Charles Farrell,, Constance Bennett, Janet Gaynor, Photoplay
Photoplay Sep.-Dec. 1929
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Nancy Carroll, Anita Page, Janet Gaynor, Norma Talmadge.
- The supremely talented and prolific illustrator Earl Christy (1883-1961) did all the covers here.
Filed under 1920s, Anita Page, Earl Christy, Janet Gaynor, Nancy Carroll, Norma Talmadge, Photoplay
Photoplay Dec. 1928- Janet Gaynor
- Photoplay’s December cover girl Janet Gaynor was on a roll when it came to roles. In 1929 she’d nab the first Best Actress Oscar for three of them: 7th Heaven and Sunrise–both 1927–and 1928’s Street Angel.
Filed under 1920s, Janet Gaynor