- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Mae Murray, Mary Brian, Norma Talmadge, Olive Borden.
- As you can see, the cover format has reverted to the close-up portrait.
Category Archives: Olive Borden
Photoplay May-Aug. 1927: Back to Basics
Filed under 1920s, Mae Murray, Mary Brian, Norma Talmadge, Olive Borden, Photoplay
Photoplay Jan.-Apr. 1927
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Olive Borden, Louise Brooks (as if you couldn’t already tell), Arlette Marchal, and Lois Wilson.
- Brooks of course would be “rediscovered” in the last quarter of the 20th century. More on her in a later post.
- Lois Wilson was Daisy Buchanan in the silent film version of The Great Gatsby in late 1926, with actor Neil Hamilton portraying Nick Carraway. Yes, the same Neil Hamilton who later appeared as Commissioner Gordon in the famous 196os Batman TV series!
- The prolific Hamilton was also in 1927’s The Joy Girl co-starring with January cover subject Olive Borden.
Filed under 1920s, Arlette Marchal, Lois Wilson, Louise Brooks, Neil Hamilton, Olive Borden, Photoplay