Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): the evergreen Olivia de Havilland (who, as of this post, is 101 years old!); Irene Dunne; Claudette Colbert; Lana Turner.
Category Archives: Irene Dunne
Photoplay Sep.-Dec. 1941
Filed under 1940s, Claudette Colbert, Irene Dunne, Lana Turner, Olivia de Havilland, Photoplay
Photoplay Jan.-Apr. 1938
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Irene Dunne, Ginger Rogers, Sonja Henie, Carole Lombard.
Filed under 1930s, Carole Lombard, Ginger Rogers, Irene Dunne, Photoplay, Sonja Henie
Photoplay Mar.-June 1935 A New Look
- As you can see there’s a new cover format starting with Photoplay’s February 1935 issue.
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Loretta Young, Lillian Harvey, Jean Harlow, Irene Dunne.
- The Young cover (by the great illustrator Georgia Warren) uses color in quite an arresting way, don’t you think?
Filed under 1930s, Georgia Warren, Irene Dunne, Loretta Young
Photoplay Sep.-Dec. 1934
Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Dolores del Rio, Irene Dunne, Margaret Sullavan, Greta Garbo.
Filed under 1930s, Greta Garbo, Irene Dunne, Norma Shearer, Photoplay
Photoplay Sep.-Dec. 1932
- Cover girls and boy (l.-r., in order of appearance): Gary Cooper and Tallulah Bankhead, Irene Dunne, Joan Crawford, Janet Gaynor.
- Cooper and Bankhead were starring in 1932’s Devil and the Deep. Also appearing in the film were Cary Grant and Charles Laughton–not too shabby!
Filed under 1930s, Gary Cooper, Irene Dunne, Janet Gaynor, Joan Crawford, Tallulah Bankhead