- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Anna Q. Nilsson, Betty Compson, Colleen Moore, and making her Photoplay cover debut, Mary Philbin.
- The August cover features a Compson portrait by Tempest Inman.
- And if that’s not enough to reel in the reader there’s also the tantalizing question “Is Bobbed Hair An Extravagance?”
- October cover girl Mary Philbin would go on to co-star with Lon Chaney in 1925’s The Phantom of the Opera.
Category Archives: Anna Q. Nilsson
In the second half of 1920, exotic hats are the rage!
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Martha Mansfield, Mae Murray, Constance Talmdage, Mary Pickford, Anna Q. Nilsson, Anita Stewart.
- The January 1920 cover featured Norma Talmadge; eight months later kid sis Constance adorns the September 1920 cover.