- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Colleen Moore, Bebe Daniels, Gilda Gray, Vilma Banky.
- More Colleen Moore (and her iconic coiffure) on the cover of the December 1927 issue of Theatre Magazine.
Category Archives: Colleen Moore
Photoplay Jan.-Apr. 1926
Filed under 1920s, Bebe Daniels, Colleen Moore, Gilda Gray, Photoplay, Vilma Banky
Photoplay July-Oct. 1924
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Anna Q. Nilsson, Betty Compson, Colleen Moore, and making her Photoplay cover debut, Mary Philbin.
- The August cover features a Compson portrait by Tempest Inman.
- And if that’s not enough to reel in the reader there’s also the tantalizing question “Is Bobbed Hair An Extravagance?”
- October cover girl Mary Philbin would go on to co-star with Lon Chaney in 1925’s The Phantom of the Opera.
Filed under 1920s, Anna Q. Nilsson, Betty Compson, Colleen Moore, Mary Philbin, Photoplay, Tempest Inman
Photoplay Aug.-Nov. 1922
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Madge Bellamy, not one but two Alices–Alice Terry and Alice Brady–and Colleen Moore.
- The September, October and November covers are emblazoned with a footer “The National Guide to Pictures.” This banner is short-lived; it’ll be gone by the December issue.
Filed under 1920s, Alice Brady, Alice Terry, Colleen Moore, Madge Bellamy, Photoplay