- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Eleanor Boardman, Clara Bow, Mary Philbin, Esther Ralston.
- Hats, hats and more hats! The trend continues…
Category Archives: Eleanor Boardman
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Lois Wilson, May McAvoy, Pauline Garon, Marion Davies, Eleanor Boardman.
- Boy, hats sure were de rigueur back then, weren’t they? 🙂
- January cover girl Lois Wilson would later star as Daisy in the first known screen adaptation of The Great Gatsby (1926).
- Thanks to Citizen Kane, today April cover girl Marion Davies is known primarily for her relationship with William Randolph Hearst. Her career warrants re-examination; she appeared in many silent films and was especially noted for her comedic roles.
- The May issue features an article by April cover girl Barbara LaMarr on “Why I Adopted a Baby.”
- The June issue features “A Star in Search of Her Soul” about the very successful and famous serial queen Pearl White.