- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Olive Borden, Louise Brooks (as if you couldn’t already tell), Arlette Marchal, and Lois Wilson.
- Brooks of course would be “rediscovered” in the last quarter of the 20th century. More on her in a later post.
- Lois Wilson was Daisy Buchanan in the silent film version of The Great Gatsby in late 1926, with actor Neil Hamilton portraying Nick Carraway. Yes, the same Neil Hamilton who later appeared as Commissioner Gordon in the famous 196os Batman TV series!
- The prolific Hamilton was also in 1927’s The Joy Girl co-starring with January cover subject Olive Borden.
Monthly Archives: August 2016
- Cover girls: Renee Adorée (along with adorable Renee Adorée doll!) and Aileen Pringle.
- The new cover format continues. How long will it last?