- Cover girls and boy (l.-r, in order of appearance): Jean Harlow; Ginger Rogers; Harlow again, this time with the seriously gorgeous Robert Taylor; and Shirley Temple.
Tag Archives: Jean Harlow
Photoplay Mar.-June 1937
Filed under 1930s, Ginger Rogers, Jean Harlow, Robert Taylor, Shirley Temple
Photoplay Mar.-June 1935 A New Look
- As you can see there’s a new cover format starting with Photoplay’s February 1935 issue.
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Loretta Young, Lillian Harvey, Jean Harlow, Irene Dunne.
- The Young cover (by the great illustrator Georgia Warren) uses color in quite an arresting way, don’t you think?
Filed under 1930s, Georgia Warren, Irene Dunne, Loretta Young
Photoplay May-Aug. 1932
Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Sidney Fox, Madge Evans, the ever-fashionable Kay Francis, and the star of the 1932 film Red Headed Woman, Jean Harlow–who was probably the most famous platinum blonde of the day.;)
Filed under 1930s, Jean Harlow, Kay Francis, Madge Evans, Photoplay, Sidney Fox
Photoplay Sep.-Dec. 1931
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Barbara Stanwyck, Joan Crawford, Ina Claire, Jean Harlow.
Filed under 1930s, Barbara Stanwyck, Earl Christy, Ina Claire, Jean Harlow, Joan Crawford, Photoplay