- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): June Collyer, Olga Baclanova, Bessie Love and–of course–Greta Garbo.
- Bessie Love was riding high–she’d just appeared in MGM’s first two full-length MGM musicals of the sound era, The Broadway Melody of 1929 and The Hollywood Revue of 1929.
- The Broadway Melody of 1929 was the first sound picture to receive the Best Picture Oscar.
- Starting with July’s Bessie Love portrait, Earl Christy settles in as Photoplay’s regular cover artist.
- Garbo’s erstshile beau John Gilbert married actress Ina Claire.
Tag Archives: June Collyer
Photoplay May-June 1929
Filed under 1920s, Bessie Love, Earl Christy, Greta Garbo, June Collyer, Olga Baclanova