- Cover girls (in order of appearance): Alla Nazimova, May Allison, Constance Talmadge.
- The Nazimova cover really stands out, doesn’t it? No flowers, no hat, no sunny yellow-orange background.
- As that cover suggests, Nazimova was just as singular an actress. She was theatrically-trained and had appeared in Ibsen and Chekhov on Broadway before moving over to the silver screen. Here she is with Valentino in a 1921 screen adaptation of Camille. Photo from the great site allanazimova.com
In the second half of 1920, exotic hats are the rage!
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Martha Mansfield, Mae Murray, Constance Talmdage, Mary Pickford, Anna Q. Nilsson, Anita Stewart.
- The January 1920 cover featured Norma Talmadge; eight months later kid sis Constance adorns the September 1920 cover.
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Marjorie Rambeau, Billie Burke, Constance Talmadge, Dorothy Phillips.
- Per the May issue’s table of contents, the cover image of a periwigged Billie Burke is “From the Oil Painting by Alfred Cheney Johnston.”