- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Eleanor Boardman, Clara Bow, Mary Philbin, Esther Ralston.
- Hats, hats and more hats! The trend continues…
Tag Archives: Eleanor Boardman
Photoplay Jan.-Apr. 1928
Filed under 1920s, Clara Bow, Eleanor Boardman, Esther Ralston, Mary Philbin
Photoplay May-Sep. 1923
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Lois Wilson, May McAvoy, Pauline Garon, Marion Davies, Eleanor Boardman.
- Boy, hats sure were de rigueur back then, weren’t they? 🙂
- January cover girl Lois Wilson would later star as Daisy in the first known screen adaptation of The Great Gatsby (1926).
- Thanks to Citizen Kane, today April cover girl Marion Davies is known primarily for her relationship with William Randolph Hearst. Her career warrants re-examination; she appeared in many silent films and was especially noted for her comedic roles.
- The May issue features an article by April cover girl Barbara LaMarr on “Why I Adopted a Baby.”
- The June issue features “A Star in Search of Her Soul” about the very successful and famous serial queen Pearl White.
Filed under 1920s, Eleanor Boardman, Lois Wilson, Marion Davies, May McAvoy, Pauline Garon, Photoplay