- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance:) Dorothy Mackaill, Doris Kenyon, Marion Davies, Alice Joyce.
- As you can see, Photoplay’s cover now includes the head and torso of the subject. Previously the usual cover shot had been a close-up of the face. We’ll see how long the new look lasts.
Tag Archives: Doris Kenyon
- Cover girls (l.-r., in order of appearance): Doris Kenyon, Mabel Normand, Lila Lee, Marguerite Clayton, Edith Story, Sylvia Breamer.
- 1918’s trendiest headwear is on display here!
- W. Haskell Coffin did the July (Kenyon), August (Norman) and October (Clayton) covers.
- The August issue extols slapstick queen Mabel Normand for reading Strindberg, Ibsen, and Shaw. You can read the article courtesy of the excellent Looking for Mabel Normand site, here’s the link: